Friday, June 28, 2013

An old email

 This was in an email I wrote in late January 2007.
 Life is amazing how we sort, remember and want
we choice to forget.  Over six years later the disease
dealt its finial blow.


John has his problems relating in conversations and
it shows up more when we are with other people than
around family.  Yesterday we had breakfast with our
house builder and wife.  Mike and Judy understand the
situation but it was very confirming to me that I must
pursue some diagnosis of his mental health.  Last
night the kids were over for dinner and Shuchi
suggests that John get some meds to stop future
deterioration as we in the family are use to his
manner.  They must have talked about it because Ken
called to suggest that I go up to the University
Hospital for the work up.  I find that his logic is
off---we go for an overnighter to Portland and he gets
$700 from the bank!!,,,I ask him to get something at
the store at 4 o'clock for me to fix for dinner, he
gets soup bones!! His ability to follow conversations
is becoming limited so he keeps asking questions, very
SIMPLE questions.  Short term memory is suffering a
lot.  I am still of the mind that we all live one day
at a time, so this has not been overwhelming to me but
do figure it is time to see if meds are out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment